… If you want to succeed on-line, WordPress is a must!
We have been providing on-line marketing services to local businesses for over 7 years. Most clients simply want SEO (search engine optimisation) and unfortunately, SEO often isn’t enough on its own, to promote their keywords onto the first page of Google.
Before you can even hope to rank a site you need to fix it or rebuild it first. Let me explain. SEO consists of 2 things only. On-page SEO and off-page SEO (although each of these parts consist of many moving parts!)
You can do all the off-page SEO (building backlinks) you like and it will have zero effect on your website because the on-page SEO (everything that’s going on with your website) is so bad!
If your site is beyond hope we are going to suggest to you that you bite the bullet and have your site re-designed on the WordPress platform.
If your site can be fixed we will give you a separate quote for doing the on-page work that will be required for the site to rank.
Will Your Website Ever Rank?
Get A Free Website Appraisal
Call 1300 885 487 Today
How do we determine if your website can be fixed or should be completely redesigned and upgraded?
Some of the things we look at.
Does Your Website Have H1, H2, H3… tags?
Sites like Wix and Weebly do not have H1 tags by default (but WordPress does)
Technical Issues Need To be Fixed First
Some of the technical aspects of a site that we look at are;
- Site load speed
- 301 redirects
- 404 errors
- Meta data
- Do Images have Alt Text?
Note: With WordPress all of these issues are easily dealt with.
Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?
We have been building mobile friendly websites for at least 4 years now. Well before Google made this a part of their algorithms in the first half of 2015, and yet web developers are still building sites that are not responsive to all devices! It beggars belief but there you go!
In late 2015, Google announced something called Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). This is all part of Google’s main reason for being – they want to reward sites that are user friendly and match the intent of the searcher. Stands to reason that sites that load quickly – and this what AMP is all about – are preferred by users over sites that load so slowly that you have moved on before they have even opened!
This is important because WordPress is an open source project which means that there are hundreds of people all over the world working on the software and the issues of page load speed can easily be addressed by your WordPress website developer.
It may not seem fair, but Google is forever updating their algorithms to achieve their goal of supplying the best possible results for every time you search. Luckily the people who contribute to WordPress are on the ball and can quickly come up with a ‘fix’ for every issue.
Is Your Site Structured Correctly With Great Content?
A LOT of clients come to us to increase their online presence. Unfortunately many of their websites are poorly coded and badly structured, have thin or duplicate content and probably worst of all, are lacking a clear conversion strategy.
It is usually clear to us within 5 minutes or less, that a website with some or all of the above issues will be very difficult to rank for a whole range of reasons and if we get it ranked then it won’t convert. People may not understand what you are selling or what you want them to do so they just go somewhere else.
But I’ve Already Paid Out Thousands For My Website!
Unfortunately the online marketing community is full of shysters of every kind. Steering a path through the minefield is a daunting task for the wary and downright dangerous for those new to the sharks and con-men waiting to strip you of your hard earned!
The number of people we have “rescued” from the unscrupulous companies infesting the Internet must number in the hundreds now.
Now, whilst I’m sympathetic to anyone paying thousands for a Rolls Royce and getting a lemon, if you are convinced the on-line world is where your business needs to be, you have to face up to the realities we’re explaining here. So can you trust us to build your website, check out our list of happy customers
If your website is a lemon you simply have to get it fixed or completely rebuilt on the WordPress platform.
There are plenty of reasons for choosing WordPress and here’s a just a few that relate specifically to getting ranked on Google.
- When you create a page in WordPress it automatically turns the title into a H1 tag – VERY important for telling Google what your page is about!
- SEO plugins: Plugins like Yoast SEO makes it easy for us to write the critical meta title and descriptions for each page of your website. Other platforms like Joomla for instance make this task extremely difficult unless you know what you’re doing. The meta title is where we can place the main keyword for the page (or post) and add variations of the keyword. The meta description whilst not directly important for SEO, is critical for drawing the attention of the searcher and increasing the “Click Through Rate” which in turn positively affects your ranking.
- WordPress is just plain Google Friendly right out of the box! You do however; have to watch out for free (and even some paid) templates. They don’t always have the clean coding that is so essential for ranking on the first page of Google. What we highly recommend is you get a custom WordPress design.
- WordPress makes it easy to build websites that are well structured. Sure, you have to know what you are doing! It all starts with the client. What do you do? What do you sell? Where do you sell your products and services? When we know the answers to these questions we can start doing our keyword research to determine how best to set up your website. How many pages should it have? Is there more than one main category? Knowing all this we can set up a website structure that will maximise the ranking potential of the site.
- The design of the website is the next critical factor. With WordPress you can have any design you want. If you’ve seen a site design that you’d like us to replicate, we can do that! However, design is one thing and functionality and conversions are another. We know that a well-designed site with the right conversion strategies and appropriate calls to action, is immensely important to the health of the client’s ongoing profitability online. Get all the elements right – combine it with a great SEO strategy – and your enquiries will increase along with your sales and hopefully bottom line! (We assume that you have costed each sale so that you are a making a profit!!)
Get A Free Website Appraisal
Call 1300 885 487 Today
About The Author: Follow @seowebmagic
Andrew Riedel together with partner Trish Riedel have a passion for local business and online marketing. They have been building and ranking WordPress websites for clients in Australia, UK, Qatar and USA since 2008. The tools they use for clients include Search Engine Optimisation, Adwords Management, Video Marketing, Content Writing, Website Design and Development. Andrew can be contacted on 1300 885 487.