5-Tips On How To Improve Your Content For More Conversions
Content is tearing up the web right now. It is being used by different types of businesses (big or small) to sell something – whether it’s a product, a service, or a message. Content has been used to help drive conversions. Maybe you’re making a sufficient amount of conversions right now thanks to your creative content marketing strategy. But did you know that you can boost your conversions tremendously if you can improve your content?
Here’s how to improve your content to drive more conversions.
Tip 1. Create an attention-grabbing headline.
The headline is the first thing that your readers will notice about your content, especially if it’s a blog post. If the headline fails to captivate the interests of your readers, it’s more likely that they won’t continue reading your content. So it’s essential that you create a killer headline that will quickly grab the attention of your target audience or readers.
Below is a guide on how to create a sure-fire killer headline.
● Your headline must not exceed eight words.
● Be sure to use a colon or a hyphen when writing a headline.
● Headlines with a question mark at the end are more captivating than a headline that uses an exclamation point at the end.
● Make use of words or phrases that can drive up conversions such as “because,” “new,” “instantly,” “free,” etc.
Tip 2. Create a good intro.
Your headline will grab the attention of your readers, but it’s your intro that should compel them to stay. Intros should be exciting and should make your readers want to read more.
Here’s how to create a good intro.
● For your blog posts, the intro should be the first three or four sentences of your content. Intros should be straight to the point and should tell your readers what they can get from reading your post.
● For your landing pages, your intro is your subheading. Make sure that your subheading is equally intriguing so that it can drive up conversions. Your subheading should highlight the main benefits of your content. Be sure to include a couple of bullet points in your content, so the information is easier to find and process for your readers.
Tip 3. Be sure to include visuals as well.
All text content has the tendency to bore your readers especially if it’s long. But if you can add some visual elements in your text content, your readers will find it more interesting and engaging. Visual elements also allow you break up long content, so your readers will find your pieces easy to read and understand.
Here are some types of visual content that can drive conversions.
● Featured images. Adding featured images to your posts can help establish your reputation online. If your text content has a featured image included in it, readers will know that your posts are unique and original. Be sure to create or find eye-catching images that are relevant to the topic being discussed in your posts.
● Infographics. If your post is about a topic with complex data, this could be hard for your readers to process and understand. To make it easier for them, you can transform all that complex information into an interesting visual presentation.
● Videos. It’s usually hard to explain how your product or services work or how people can benefit from your business with just text and images alone. This is why you must include videos in your posts as well. How-to videos and short explainer videos can improve your conversions significantly.
Tip 4. Follow an easy-to-read format.
One of the factors that can help drive your conversion rate is the formatting of your content. It doesn’t matter if your post has plenty of useful information that your readers will appreciate, but if it was written in long paragraphs, it will be difficult to read and process.
You have to make your content readable and easy to understand by breaking it up.
● Break up long paragraphs into shorter ones with up to five or six sentences.
● Use bullet points to highlight some key points in your post.
● Add some visual elements in your post to break up huge chunks of texts and to better illustrate what you are trying to say.
● Include subheadings so your readers can navigate easily through your content.
Tip 5. Don’t forget to include a compelling call-to-action.
It doesn’t matter how useful or helpful your content is, if you can’t include a call-to-action at the end of your post, it will never improve your conversions. Your call-to-action must convince your readers to make a response or do a particular action.
You can use call-to-action to make your readers:
● Subscribe to your newsletter
● Download your newest ebook
● Head to your landing page for your products or services
Whatever you want your readers to do, make sure to include a compelling call-to-action in all of your content.
So these are the most effective ways to improve your content in order to increase your conversions. It’s important to follow these tips, especially if you are still new to content marketing so that you can ensure that all the content you put out there will garner conversions.
Aside from using the tips in this article, checking U-Thrive Marketing online can do wonders in improving your conversions!
I am the founder of U-Thrive Marketing, Tulsa‘s premier online marketing and website development firm. I have helped hundreds of businesses across Oklahoma and the rest of the US put their business on the map online and offline. I specialise in generating customers for the businesses I work with by utilising proven online marketing tactics such as SEO, PPC & Social Media marketing. I have also been personally featured in many national and local publications related to online marketing along with speaking at numerous digital marketing conferences across the US.