It seems to be getting more and more difficult to figure out what the search engines want and it can be a challenge coming up with new strategies to rank websites on page one of Google. There are however a number of wonderful search engine optimisation strategies that are working like gangbusters in 2015 and we wanted to share them with you today.
If you’re struggling with SEO you need to pay attention to the information that we are about to share. These powerful strategies really work. They will help catapult your website to the top of the rankings. And even more importantly, we use these strategies to help our clients achieve high first page rankings. This is the stuff that we do each and every day so we know that it works.
SEO Strategies for 2015: Our 5 Favorite
- High quality backlinks are the cornerstone of every effective SEO strategy and probably always will be. Despite what you might have heard about backlinks being dumped as a algorithmic factor, I feel that this isn’t going to happen anytime soon. Backlinks have always been important, now it’s more about quality over quantity. In the gold old bad old days you could consistently get away with large numbers of low quality links, now it’s all about quality and relevance and has been for some time now. Focusing on high quality, relevant links is the way to go in order to attain high search engine rankings. It’s still THE best strategy and every business owner needs to use this method of link building to attain real success in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Boost the speed of your website – this is an SEO strategy that many business owners and webmasters often overlook. They forget to realize that their readers are looking for a fast experience. Many readers will bounce from a site if it takes longer than a couple of seconds to load. So websites speed is incredibly important. And not only that, the search engine algorithms pay attention to this factor. If websites have a high bounce rate, they will drop in the rankings. And many websites drop in the rankings because they have a high bounce rate due to slow load times. So boost your site speed and your rankings will improve. Site speed and bounce rate are both Panda factors. Panda is all about user experience. You give your visitors a poor user experience and Google will punish you with poor keyword rankings.
- Google is not the only search engine online – while Google is certainly the Holy Grail of search engine traffic, it is definitely in your best interest to remember the other search engines. The Bing search engine and Yahoo search engine are powerful and have millions of searchers visiting these websites each and every day. As a small business owner, it would benefit your company tremendously to have a major presence in the search engine rankings on these websites. And they are not the only search engines in town besides Google as well. Apple’s Safari search engine has plenty of visitors coming to it each and every day. Even the DuckDuckGo search engine is showing daily improvements. Do not miss out on this amazing traffic. It would be a shame and detrimental to your business. Hint: Take advantage of Bing webmasters tools and Bing places.
- User intent a.k.a. the Google Hummingbird effect – since the Google Hummingbird update was originally introduced, Google now handles search queries much differently. When creating content for your website, please do so with user intent in mind. Google no longer shares results based on keywords alone. They provide relevant results based on user intent and the context of the content. If you want to attain high rankings in the Google search engine, you must consider the changes that Hummingbird brings to the table.
- Mobile website optimisation – finally, more people are using the mobile search engines each day than on PCs, laptops and desktop computers. If your website isn’t mobile friendly you will miss out on traffic on mobile devices and Google will favour those competitors of yours who have responsive websites. Plus, just a few months ago, Google Mobilegeddon came into the picture.
If you want to take advantage of our search engine optimisation expertise, give us a call today on 1300 885 487 and we can help you improve your online visibility with these 5 SEO strategies and a whole lot more…