Using social media as a way to elevate your business and create a wider audience for your content and customer base is something that all business owners should strive for. Getting started in social media without any experience could be challenging for many business owners.
It’s necessary to understand that social media marketing has fundamentals and certain laws that must be adhered to in order to achieve real-world success. It’s about maximising social media and getting the most from your time spent on platforms like Google +, Facebook and Twitter, and it’s all about giving your customers and potential prospects exactly what they want. Check out this article for 16 great reasons to get stuck into social media.
In order to increase your bottom line, and use social media to its full potential, we’d like you to pay close attention to the 10 laws of social media marketing. Once you’ve mastered these laws and have a full understanding of them, you’ll excel with social media and watch your business grow and expand at a rate that you’ll find quite pleasing.
10 Social Media Marketing Laws to Live By
Here are the 10 laws in no particular order:
- Law of quality – quality content is the key to successful social media campaigns. Instead of spamming your Facebook wall and Twitter feed with garbage content all day long, putting out strategic pieces of quality content will help to grow your audience and connect with prospects and potential customers on a deeper level.
- Law of compounding – if you regularly publish high-quality content that your audience finds amazing, then you’ll have no problem building a list of high quality followers that look for everything that you do on social media. You’ll be able to grow your audience on all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, your own blog and even LinkedIn if its business related.
- Law of listening – this should be very self-explanatory but you’d be surprised how many business owners miss the boat. Your market is telling you exactly what they want from you. So pay attention! Listen! And then give them what they want and you’ll have happy prospects and satisfied customers all day long.
- Law of value – there’s absolutely nothing wrong with promoting products and services through social media channels. But if you are going to promote through social media, you better damn well provide your customers and prospects with value. Offer valuable services that they want. Offer incredible products that they need. And nobody will look at you as a spammer if you operate in this way.
- Law of accessibility – so many people like to post on social media sites and then they completely disappear. They ignore their prospects and audience and never answer any questions or communicate with these people. This is the wrong way to approach social media and it will ultimately hurt your businesses.
- Law of influence – connect with people that have major influence on social media channels. Find out if they would be interested in your products and services. If so, then connect with these taste makers, build relationships with them and figure out a way that you can help one another through strategic marketing relationships.
- Law of focus – it’s much better to be a specialist online than it is to attempt to be a jack of all trades. By specializing in a highly focused social media content marketing strategy, you will build up your brand very quickly. And you’ll have a much better chance at success as well.
- Law of patience – Building an audience and brand through social media takes time. Do not expect an overnight miracle to happen. Do not expect a genie in a bottle to build your following in the blink of an eye. Patiently work toward building your audience and you will achieve the results that you desire.
- Law of reciprocity – do you expect others to share your content? Then you have to do the same. The law of reciprocity means that you should do unto others as you would like them to do unto you.
- Law of acknowledgment – make sure to acknowledge and reach out to those that you are building relationships with online. This is one of the most important ways to create success with social media. Acknowledge everybody that reaches out to you and never ignore them.
Please use the 10 social media marketing laws to live by in order to achieve lasting success.