Have you tried to rank your website in Google Maps or the Maps 3-Pack as it’s sometimes called? Even if you have ranked your website on the first page of Google (organic) there are only 3 spots in Maps these days and the competition is fierce.
Ranking in Maps makes your phone ring. Simple.
If you Google “how to rank in Google Maps” or “how can I get my website in the Google 3-Pack” most of the sites you’ll find will pretty much give you the same advice;
Top 10 Ways To Rank In The Googles Maps 3-pack
- Claim your “Google My Business” (GMB) listing
- Choose the right Google Category
- Optimise your GMB listing
- Use a local telephone number
- Add photos to your GMB listing
- Get Google Reviews (not as easy as it sounds)
- Embed a Google Map on your website
- Add your business name, address and phone number (NAP) on your website
- Claim local business directories
- Rank high in organic search
Now this advice, whilst accurate, will not in most cases get you ranked in the Google 3-Pack.
And don’t let anyone convince you that it’s easy.
The organic ranking algorithm and the local maps algorithm are 2 very different beasts entirely.
There are some on-page tricks (not mentioned in our top ten tips above) that will give you a great shot at ranking in the 3-pack
How do I know we can help?
Because we have ranked many local businesses in Google Maps and kept them there over many years.
If you want to rank in the Google Maps 3 Pack call us today, for the secret sauce you won’t find anyone talking about online. And for even more online strategies to help your business visit this page; topseobrisbane.com/digital-marketing-agency/
The Value of The Google Maps 3-Pack for Businesses
As you probably already know, as a business owner there is so much value to getting a Google Maps listing. Some of the most important benefits include:
- Tap into tons of potential prospects in your local market – Google is the biggest search engine in the world. There are most likely thousands of people searching for your products and services at any given time during the day. By having a Google Maps listing, it will make it much easier for your potential customers to find your services through the Google search engine. This listing is so powerful because it will also add business to Google maps, so that your customers will find you on Google maps whenever they use the program and search for locations in your vicinity.
- More customers have the ability to find you – when you have a Google Maps page set up; it makes it easier than ever for your potential prospects to find you on the web. Some people will be able to find your website, but when that fails, they’ll be able to find your Google Maps page instead and still come up with the contact information for your business.
- You can edit this page any time that you want – this is important because you may want to update the listing from time to time. You may want to add special discounts, coupons and codes to the listing to help entice visitors to give you a call. Having the ability to edit your Google Maps page regularly is a very powerful thing, because it makes it a living listing that you can alter whenever it suits your needs.
- Move up the rankings with citations – if you create your Google My Business listing it does not guarantee that it is going to rank highly in the search engines. But you can add powerful citations to the listing to help move up the Google rankings. These citations will all but guarantee a first page listing for the most powerful keyword phrases in your niche.