Has Your Website Rankings Dropped Or Disappeared Altogether?
Maybe your website has copped a Google penalty?
Getting hit because of a Google algorithm update is an issue many businesses have had to deal with over the years and continue to do so. Most of the times, it is not the fault of the website owner and has more to do with Google’s changing requirements which continue to remain in flux.
We are a professional team with years of experience when it comes to dealing with Google penalties like Hummingbird, Panda and Penguin and understand how the algorithms work inside and out. This will ensure the solution that is provided for your particular case is as customised as possible. This will not only enable you to get out from under the penalties that have been placed on the website, but to also ensure you are preventing further damage down the road too.
Knowledge Of Google’s Algorithm
Keeping up with the changes that Google makes to their algorithm is hard work. Major alogorithm updates such as Penguin and Panda target completely different things and it takes hours of study and research each week so that the websites under our control maintain their page one rankings now and into the future. The knowledge we gain enables us to see why a website has lost its rankings. Many factors contribute to a loss of rankings. Some of these are;
- toxic backlinks
- anchor text percentages
- duplicate content
- poor or thin content
- user experience
- website errors
- and many more…
Using The Google Disavow Tool
If you’ve got poor quality, spammy, toxic or suspicious links pointing to your site you need to get them removed. Perhaps you engaged a cheap SEO company to build links for you? Worse still you hired an overseas SEO company to do your SEO? You’ll only know that cheap, overseas back-links are toxic to your site when your rankings tank.
Luckily you have solutions. First you have to understand that SEO is not a cheap short-term solution for your company’s website. Recovering from a Google penalty can be a lot of work and part of the process is disavowing links via your Webmasters Tools account. This is not the big deal that people talk about. In fact it is an essential and straightforward process BUT it does have to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.
Your back-link profile needs to be examined and toxic links identified. Then a file of the toxic links has to be compiled and submitted. We’ve done this many times for clients whose websites have tanked and we can help you too.
Google will reward you with high rankings if the visitors to your website enjoy your content, stay on the site and share the site with their friends. Some of the things that destroy user experience (and your rankings) are;
- poor site load speed – if the site loads too slowly the visitor won’t wait around – they’ll simply move on
- errors such as 404 – page not found
- site navigation problems i.e how do I get back to that page I was on?
- poor, thin, disorganised or inaccurate information
Don’t Let A Panda Or Penguin Update Keep You Down For The Count!
Bounce Back With A Panda and Penguin Penalty Recovery Service
It’s horrible when it happens but occasionally Google drops the hammer and ends up destroying search rankings like Godzilla knocking down buildings in Tokyo. It’s a complete mess when you’re a victim that gets caught in the crossfire, and it may seem like the end of the world at the time.
We’re happy to tell you that we can help with website ranking recovery. We understand Google. We understand the Google algorithms. We understand what Google wants and we know how to give it to them so that your websites will recover from any ranking disasters that may have happened in the past.
Are you looking to finally slay the Google Godzilla beast? Are you looking to finally recover your website rankings? Call us to schedule a consultation so that we can help set you on the path to Google glory once again.
Why Did My Website Lose Search Rankings?
If you are asking yourself this question, the odds are that you recently got caught in the crossfire of a Google algorithm update. Don’t worry if it has happened to you and you feel really bad about it. It happens to everyone once in a while. At least it happens to those that do not keep up with the search engines. It happens to those that do not understand what Google wants.
The odds are that you overdid it in some way when you originally set up your webpages. You most likely over-optimized your website and you unfortunately may have suffered for it.
Some of the ways that business owners have over-optimized their website in the past include:
- Keyword anchor text – when building links pointing back to your website, you may have gone too heavy in one direction with a particular keyword phrase. As an example, let’s say you attempted to rank highly in the search results for the keyword phrase “XYZ widgets.” When building backlinks pointing to this particular page, 90% of the links that you built was an exact match phrase of XYZ widgets. When Google ran their algorithm checks on your website and their bots crawled the links, they realized that you were attempting to game the system and penalized your website for it. You may have had number one search engine rankings for that phrase at one point, but Google caught onto your tricks and decided to knock you down in the rankings.
- Over-optimized keywords in the content – when you created content on your website, let’s say you were still attempting to rank for the phrase XYZ widgets. And when you created the content, you added that specific exact match phrase within the content 5 to 10% of the time. This is overkill and Google knows it. So when their bots realized that your site was completely over-optimized for that phrase, they took matters into their own hands and dropped your website rankings.
These are just two examples of how websites can lose rankings. There are many more and it’s often difficult to keep up with Google. But we know what we’re doing and we’d love to help, so call us if you’d like to experience website ranking recovery immediately.